Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer DIY...but not what you think!

When I think DIY I think about painting, repair, tiling and yard work. But what I didn't think about was Do It Yourself entertainment.
It's easy to rely on TV, movies, summer camps, and the back yard to entertain our kids all summer. But this summer I was going to spend as much time with my kids exploring the area we live but at low cost. So I researched and came up with an amazing amount of things to do where we live.
Here is just a little list of some of what are doing this summer:
Bowling
Storytimes
Blueberry Picking
Canning (yup- going to the local cannery to can our own recipes)
Chocolate Factory Tours
Flea Market
Free Movies at several theaters
Visiting nursing homes
Kids day at local museums
Hardware and Craft stores offering lessons for kids

DO SUMMER YOURSELF! You will love the time you invested with your kids and mighteven learn something!

0 comments: